About This Role
This Account Supervisor will report to Account Director Criselda Trillana and be under the team leadership of our SVP, Business Director Katy Donkin (lucky, they’re both great!). They’ll get to work alongside an incredible team of account managers who have been known to inspire tears from the beauty of their color coordinated spreadsheets and love transforming difficulties into opportunities.
This candidate will take the lead on high priority/high visibility projects with simultaneous workstreams. This will include large content improvement sprints, website builds, articles, infographics, and more achieving the objectives they’ve worked with the client to establish.
The account team works very closely with other departments and the Account Supervisor will be expected to provide creative and strategic input on briefs, our work, client calls, and internal meetings.
They’ll be a strong communicator who can build trust with our clients and make them fall (even more) in love with us and our work. They’ll identify and drive creative opportunities for existing clients as well as contribute to new business initiatives across the team and agency.
As a senior member of the team, we’re looking for someone who can mentor and develop the account service team, provide feedback, and support the senior account teams for wide team and agency goals.
- 5-7 years of agency or related experience
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Project management skills, overseeing timelines for creative and strategy teams
- Demonstrable knowledge of client and agency operations
- Knowledgeable in managing client budgets and forecasting
- Successful track record managing multiple clients and projects
- Positive attitude and looking to work with a great team + awesome clients
What You’ll Be Doing
- Day-to-day communication with clients, understanding their needs and overall goals
- Independent management of projects, timelines, deliverables and budgets
- Develop scopes of work, proposals, forecasting, and quarterly business reviews for new and existing clients
- Have the ability to mobilize resources to most effectively meet client requirements—engage the right people at right time
- Engage closely with our editorial, design, and strategy teams for deliverables
- Play a key role in project planning and prioritization right alongside key clients
- Identify opportunities to upsell client work and grow accounts
- Work closely with junior and mid-level account managers to provide guidance and mentorship
- Flexible work hours
- Minimum 20 days paid vacation annually
- 401k + financial wellness support
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, life, pet, mental health services)
- Home office allowance
- Bi-annual Wellness Credits
- Monthly Technology Credit (to offset internet / phone costs)
- Every role is bonus eligible
- Comprehensive Parental Leave Policy
People – that’s you! – are the heart of our business, and we believe a culture of pay transparency benefits both Codeword and our team members’ careers.
For this role we’re looking to pay $85K-110K, depending on experience.
A few more things you should know about Codeword
- The Codeword dream: Make good money doing work you care about with people you like.
- We love our clients (they write the checks!), which means maintaining a high bar for the creativity, smarts, responsiveness, and communication skills we offer them.
- We’re around 100 people, big enough to handle large-scale marketing programs, small enough that you’ll have an impact on our culture.
- We’re a friendly team, we look after each other, and we grow our careers together.
- We respect everyone’s personal life. After-hours emails are strongly frowned upon, night and weekend work is very rare, and employees are encouraged to pursue their side-hustles.
- We’re all grownups here, and we trust each other to get the work done, whether at home or in an office or a time zone on the other side of the world.
- We believe in defaulting to openness. Our calendars, our salary tiers, and our doors are open for all to see. (Except for secret client stuff, which we guard with our lives.)
- We’re a proud member of the global WE Communications family.
- Equal Opportunity: Codeword provides equal employment opportunity and doesn’t discriminate against employees or applicants because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Codeword works hard to foster a diverse team and an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
We aren’t a traditional agency, so we like to hire people who don’t necessarily fit the agency mold or check all the “right” boxes. If you’re on the fence about applying, please do!