About This Role
The Editor reports to one of our awesome Editorial Directors, Shea Garner, and is part of a team of writers, strategists, designers, and account people tapped to work with one of the most influential companies in tech. You’ll support creative projects from ideation to execution, developing everything from campaign concepts to long-form editorial to social copy.
As a creator, you’re comfortable across a range of formats, and also take pride in staying on top of news, insights and audience trends related to your clients. In this role, you’ll be working closely with clients, helping the agency continue to build trust and relationships.
While you may be a whiz with words, you’ll also have plenty of opportunities to stretch into other disciplines, including Design and Strategy. Codeword teams are cross-disciplinary, so if you love to collaborate, you’ll be in great company!
- 3+ years experience in Content, Marketing, Journalism, Advertising or a related field
- A whip-smart writer and ace communicator in meetings and presentations
- A detail-oriented editor who appreciates a style guide and loves to make any piece of writing shine
- Interested in tech and the changing world of work
- Excited to push creative limits when it comes to ideas and deliverables (and Friendsgiving recipes!)
- Comfortable with content management systems
What You’ll Be Doing
- Developing high-quality creative across a range of written formats (blog posts, video scripts, keynote speeches, executive social posts … our clients want ‘em all!)
- Interviewing subject matter experts
- Contributing to brainstorms to come up with the next viral sensation
- Collaborating with colleagues in Design, Accounts and Strategy
- Honing your inner anthropologist to become an expert on your client’s audience
- Pitching on-trend (and ahead-of-the-trend!) story and campaign ideas
- Flexible work hours
- Minimum 20 days paid vacation annually
- 401k + financial wellness support
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, life, pet, mental health services)
- Home office allowance
- Bi-annual Wellness Credits
- Monthly Technology Credit (to offset internet / phone costs)
- Every role is bonus eligible
- Comprehensive Parental Leave Policy
People – that’s you! – are the heart of our business, and we believe a culture of pay transparency benefits both Codeword and our team members’ careers.
For this role, we’re looking to pay $60K-$85K, depending on experience.
A few more things you should know about Codeword
- The Codeword dream: Make good money doing work you care about with people you like.
- We love our clients (they write the checks!), which means maintaining a high bar for the creativity, smarts, responsiveness, and communication skills we offer them.
- We’re around 100 people, big enough to handle large-scale marketing programs, small enough that you’ll have an impact on our culture.
- We’re a friendly team, we look after each other, and we grow our careers together.
- We respect everyone’s personal life. After-hours emails are strongly frowned upon, night and weekend work is very rare, and employees are encouraged to pursue their side-hustles.
- We’re all grownups here, and we trust each other to get the work done, whether at home or in an office or a time zone on the other side of the world.
- We believe in defaulting to openness. Our calendars, our salary tiers, and our doors are open for all to see. (Except for secret client stuff, which we guard with our lives.)
- We’re a proud member of the global WE Communications family.
- Equal Opportunity: Codeword provides equal employment opportunity and doesn’t discriminate against employees or applicants because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Codeword works hard to foster a diverse team and an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
We aren’t a traditional agency, so we like to hire people who don’t necessarily fit the agency mold or check all the “right” boxes. If you’re on the fence about applying, please do!