About This Role
The Senior Account Executive co-pilots accounts with account leads (maximum of 6). You are in the business of providing long-term value to clients, and executing day-to-day account activities that are integral to the health of the program.
You will lead the first drafts of creative work and support the generation of out-of-the-box ideas. You’re ready to start moving into a mentorship role with junior talent, supervising them on client-facing written work.
This is one of the heaviest media relations roles on the PR team with an expectation that you’ll be proactively developing hard-hitting story angles that regularly turn into high-impact media results for clients.
You’re growing your own industry reputation and Rolodex, and love meeting with journalists, influencers, and industry experts. You’re also ready and willing to attend trade shows, conferences, and other events as a representative of Codeword.
Previous experience in the tech (B2B or B2C) and startup worlds is critical, as well as a deep understanding of the shifting earned media landscape and how to measure the value of a PR win.
You’ll thrive if you’re an energetic and nimble self-starter that’s comfortable with shifting timelines and priorities. The right candidate doesn’t shy away from giving or receiving feedback (even to managers), shooting their shot with a crazy idea, or being a media relations advisor to senior executives.
- 3+ years of experience
- A passionate storyteller and trendspotter
- Motivated, enthusiastic self-starter able to complete tasks with some support from your account leads
- Which also means you’re both ambitious and flexible
- You’re excited about building first-name-basis relationships with press, influencers and analysts across B2B and/or B2C tech
- You’re an executor that loves to take the first stab at writing, pitching or creative ideating
- You know how to ask the right questions, find answers out yourself, and present the problem with some recommendations
What You’ll Be Doing
- Day-to-day PR program execution on a maximum of 6 accounts, including media relations, supporting the account lead, mentoring junior talent, client relations, and reporting
- PR strategy and creative campaign building support for your clients, alongside the Director of Strategy, Brandon Carter, day-to-day account leads and a S/VP
- Support building industry-leading reports on PR program ROI with our Insights & Analytics team
- Scoring high-impact, top-tier media placements for your clients across all media verticals and mediums
- Supporting your account teams in building lasting relationships with clients
- Bringing creative ideas to your clients outside of traditional PR, utilizing Codeword’s full service capabilities
- Nurture and motivate up-and-coming talent through mentorship
- Explain complex tech and industry-changing ideas to journalists in three sentences or less
- Participate in media training sessions and interviews
- Utilizing your writing skills to craft thoughtful content and communications for and with clients and media
- Flexible work hours
- Minimum 20 days paid vacation annually
- 401k + financial wellness support
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, life, pet, mental health services)
- Home office allowance
- Bi-annual Wellness Credits
- Monthly Technology Credit (to offset internet / phone costs)
- Every role is bonus eligible
- Comprehensive Parental Leave Policy
People – that’s you! – are the heart of our business, and we believe a culture of pay transparency benefits both Codeword and our team members’ careers.
For this role we’re looking to pay $60K-85K, depending on experience.
A few more things you should know about Codeword
- The Codeword dream: Make good money doing work you care about with people you like.
- We love our clients (they write the checks!), which means maintaining a high bar for the creativity, smarts, responsiveness, and communication skills we offer them.
- We’re around 100 people, big enough to handle large-scale marketing programs, small enough that you’ll have an impact on our culture.
- We’re a friendly team, we look after each other, and we grow our careers together.
- We respect everyone’s personal life. After-hours emails are strongly frowned upon, night and weekend work is very rare, and employees are encouraged to pursue their side-hustles.
- We’re all grownups here, and we trust each other to get the work done, whether at home or in an office or a time zone on the other side of the world.
- We believe in defaulting to openness. Our calendars, our salary tiers, and our doors are open for all to see. (Except for secret client stuff, which we guard with our lives.)
- We’re a proud member of the global WE Communications family.
- Equal Opportunity: Codeword provides equal employment opportunity and doesn’t discriminate against employees or applicants because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Codeword works hard to foster a diverse team and an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
We aren’t a traditional agency, so we like to hire people who don’t necessarily fit the agency mold or check all the “right” boxes. If you’re on the fence about applying, please do!