About This Role
The Senior Strategist will report to Strategy Director Jordan Leschinsky (who’s amazing), and will be leading the internal learning and development strategy for one of the world’s largest tech brands.
You’ll be working alongside a great team of writers, UX designers, SMEs, and account managers to help guide the strategic thinking, planning, and execution of internal learning and development. The main focus of this role will be setting up and managing the design, delivery, and measurement of learning as our client adopts a new CMS and communicates key business learnings with various departments. If you’ve done this before, great! But if you haven’t, we’re looking for someone who knows how to identify what success looks like, package it in a sensible way, and work with the team to create simple, smart solutions that result in smarter, empowered learners.
The role demands an effective communicator who’s comfortable guiding clients and inspiring internal teammates. There’ll be a lot of deck building, stakeholder interviews, and client hand holding as you help to find solutions to problems that aren’t covered by any rule books or best practice guidelines.
Unlike most agencies, we don’t have a hard line between our creatives and strategists, and we pride ourselves on our ability to execute in a wide range of marketing disciplines. So if you like to mix it up, great!
- 6-10 years of experience
- 2+ years of experience with learning and development design, architecture, or modeling
- Experience with learning management systems and tools
- Understands what’s behind the digital curtain (you know how websites are built and structured)
- Creative-problem solver with a logical, technical approach
- Killer and effective deck builder
- Not shy about sharing your opinion (without being an A-hole) with Senior Client Leadership
- Can manage and build relationships
- Knows how to talk, write, organize, deck, and sell
- Previous Agency or Management Consultant experience a big plus
What You’ll Be Doing
- Meeting with the clients to understand, shape, recommend, and deliver learning strategies and experiences that will help them achieve their goals
- Recommending different design models and approaches to learning to suit unique learning needs
- Partnering with the account, creative, and analytics teams to design, plan and execute learning strategies that have clear, measurable objectives and drive impact
- Guiding and inspiring teammates on client asks and strategies, how to best achieve them, and how to make the work more strategic (they’ll be looking to you for guidance)
- Support the Director of Strategy in defining the L&D vision and creating innovative solutions
- Working with other strategists on the team to cross collaborate, share insights, and assist when needed
- Proactively stay on top of L&D trends, innovations, and technology
- Flexible work hours
- Minimum 20 days paid vacation annually
- 401k + financial wellness support
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, life, pet, mental health services)
- Home office allowance
- Bi-annual Wellness Credits
- Monthly Technology Credit (to offset internet / phone costs)
- Every role is bonus eligible
- Comprehensive Parental Leave Policy
People – that’s you! – are the heart of our business, and we believe a culture of pay transparency benefits both Codeword and our team members’ careers.
For this role we’re looking to pay $85 – $128K, depending on experience.
A few more things you should know about Codeword
- The Codeword dream: Make good money doing work you care about with people you like.
- We love our clients (they write the checks!), which means maintaining a high bar for the creativity, smarts, responsiveness, and communication skills we offer them.
- We’re around 100 people, big enough to handle large-scale marketing programs, small enough that you’ll have an impact on our culture.
- We’re a friendly team, we look after each other, and we grow our careers together.
- We respect everyone’s personal life. After-hours emails are strongly frowned upon, night and weekend work is very rare, and employees are encouraged to pursue their side-hustles.
- We’re all grownups here, and we trust each other to get the work done, whether at home or in an office or a time zone on the other side of the world.
- We believe in defaulting to openness. Our calendars, our salary tiers, and our doors are open for all to see. (Except for secret client stuff, which we guard with our lives.)
- We’re a proud member of the global WE Communications family.
- Equal Opportunity: Codeword provides equal employment opportunity and doesn’t discriminate against employees or applicants because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Codeword works hard to foster a diverse team and an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
We aren’t a traditional agency, so we like to hire people who don’t necessarily fit the agency mold or check all the “right” boxes. If you’re on the fence about applying, please do!