About This Role
The Senior Strategist will report to Strategy Director Brandon Carter (who’s wonderful and leads the strategy work for our PR side of the house), and will be leading the content and comms strategies for a variety of clients.
You’ll be working alongside a great team of PR leads, designers, and account managers to help guide the strategic thinking, planning, and creative for various clients. From branding exercises and executive communication strategies to content programs, the strategist we’re looking for should have an understanding of business models to find creative and smart solutions rooted in sound rationale.
The role demands an effective communicator and advisor, who’s comfortable guiding clients and inspiring internal teammates. There could be some deck building, slide creating, and herding cats as you help to find solutions to problems that aren’t covered by any rule books or best practice guidelines.
Unlike most agencies, we don’t have a hard line between our creatives and strategists, and we pride ourselves on our ability to execute in a wide range of marketing disciplines. So if you like to mix it up, great!
- 5+ years of experience
- Very aware of digital content, social, and branding.
- Prior PR agency or in-house agency experience a plus
- Consultancy experience or MBA a plus
- Not shy about sharing your opinion with Senior Client Leadership. Have a POV on what’s really behind the latest trends (what’s the deal with fintech, RHOFBH, Squid Game as a metaphor for capitalism, retail moments, start up funding… have an opinion)
- Brand messaging and positioning experience
- Knows how to build a deck, and can present with ease and confidence for stakeholder buy-in
- Experience selling in and executing integrated content programs and campaigns, and being a trusted advisor.
- A partner with our account teams to advise and shepherd clients through engagements
- Knows the value of clarity in strategy and prioritizes delivering it across all work
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with the team PR to initiate and extend on-going strategy support
- Meeting with the clients to understand and recommend the right strategies and deliverables to help them achieve their goals and overcome their challenges
- Delivering and innovating on strategy frameworks that provide clarity for creative teams and clients alike
- Partnering with editorial and creative teams to instigate creative solutions to client challenges
- Proactively providing creative inspiration and curation of relevant industry news, case studies and best practices to team members and clients
- Working with other strategists on the team to cross collaborate, share insights, and assist when needed
- Flexible work hours
- Minimum 20 days paid vacation annually
- 401k + financial wellness support
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, life, pet, mental health services)
- Home office allowance
- Bi-annual Wellness Credits
- Monthly Technology Credit (to offset internet / phone costs)
- Every role is bonus eligible
- Comprehensive Parental Leave Policy
People – that’s you! – are the heart of our business, and we believe a culture of pay transparency benefits both Codeword and our team members’ careers.
For this role we’re looking to pay $100 – $115K, depending on experience.
A few more things you should know about Codeword
- The Codeword dream: Make good money doing work you care about with people you like.
- We love our clients (they write the checks!), which means maintaining a high bar for the creativity, smarts, responsiveness, and communication skills we offer them.
- We’re around 100 people, big enough to handle large-scale marketing programs, small enough that you’ll have an impact on our culture.
- We’re a friendly team, we look after each other, and we grow our careers together.
- We respect everyone’s personal life. After-hours emails are strongly frowned upon, night and weekend work is very rare, and employees are encouraged to pursue their side-hustles.
- We’re all grownups here, and we trust each other to get the work done, whether at home or in an office or a time zone on the other side of the world.
- We believe in defaulting to openness. Our calendars, our salary tiers, and our doors are open for all to see. (Except for secret client stuff, which we guard with our lives.)
- We’re a proud member of the global WE Communications family.
- Equal Opportunity: Codeword provides equal employment opportunity and doesn’t discriminate against employees or applicants because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Codeword works hard to foster a diverse team and an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
We aren’t a traditional agency, so we like to hire people who don’t necessarily fit the agency mold or check all the “right” boxes. If you’re on the fence about applying, please do!