About This Role
The Senior Talent Acquisition partner will work in tandem with our HR Business Partners, Elecktra Goodluck + Lula Diaz, and Codeword’s Chief of Staff Alli Ray and own the overall recruiting process and talent acquisition pipeline.
You’ll be responsible for developing comprehensive recruiting strategies and fostering relationships with our internal hiring teams.
Codeword is a unique agency that continues to grow rapidly, with a focus on keeping things creative, smart, and real. Our culture is grounded in making meaningful and strategically connected content, developing authentic connections… and having a bit of fun doing it. We are a pretty awesome bunch of humans who enjoy each other and what we do.
If you’re a pro (or at least proficient) with the Google Suite (think: Google Sheets, Docs, Chat) that’ll be very helpful, as you’ll be using these tools to manage internal communications and applicant tracking.
The role demands an effective communicator, who’s just as comfortable training hiring managers on the latest industry recruiting trends, advising them on talent data and insights, sitting in meetings with senior executives, and assisting in the creation of compelling, smart job descriptions. Being yourself and bringing recommendations to the table is a must!
- 6+ years of recruiting experience in a startup, fast-paced Agency or related industries such as digital marketing, advertising, or public relations
- Experience partnering with and influencing executives and hiring managers throughout the recruiting cycle
- Deep subject matter expertise in managing complex offers, and coaching candidates through those offerings
- Track record of turning problem areas into opportunities, designing creative strategies, and delivering significant impact as a talent leader
- Self-motivated and intellectually curious
What You’ll Be Doing
- Full life-cycle recruiting to attract talented and diverse people to join Codeword. This includes talent market intelligence, open position promotion, building candidate pools, outreach, assessment, and offer negotiations
- Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders internally to build strategic and creative recruiting plans to address hiring needs, both immediate and long-term growth
- Create an impressive and human-first candidate experience at every touch point
- Build and maintain a network of talent in the market through both established and emerging channels
- Regularly evaluate the recruiting process and techniques for effectiveness and efficiency
- Leverage talent acquisition teams with our parent company, WE Communications, as well as personal networks, employee referrals and beyond to keep a competitive edge in our cultural/value based recruitment efforts
- Collaborate with Compensation Team & internal Codeword stakeholders to develop compelling offers
- Keep all records up to date in applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Participate in US Talent Acquisition team projects and trainings
- Flexible work hours
- Minimum 20 days paid vacation annually
- 401k + financial wellness support
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, life, pet, mental health services)
- Home office allowance
- Bi-annual Wellness Credits
- Monthly Technology Credit (to offset internet / phone costs)
- Every role is bonus eligible
- Comprehensive Parental Leave Policy
People – that’s you! – are the heart of our business, and we believe a culture of pay transparency benefits both Codeword and our team members’ careers.
Our budget for this role is $97K-$126K, depending on experience and geographical location.
A few more things you should know about Codeword
- The Codeword dream: Make good money doing work you care about with people you like.
- We love our clients (they write the checks!), which means maintaining a high bar for the creativity, smarts, responsiveness, and communication skills we offer them.
- We’re around 100 people, big enough to handle large-scale marketing programs, small enough that you’ll have an impact on our culture.
- We’re a friendly team, we look after each other, and we grow our careers together.
- We respect everyone’s personal life. After-hours emails are strongly frowned upon, night and weekend work is very rare, and employees are encouraged to pursue their side-hustles.
- We’re all grownups here, and we trust each other to get the work done, whether at home or in an office or a time zone on the other side of the world.
- We believe in defaulting to openness. Our calendars, our salary tiers, and our doors are open for all to see. (Except for secret client stuff, which we guard with our lives.)
- We’re a proud member of the global WE Communications family.
- Equal Opportunity: Codeword provides equal employment opportunity and doesn’t discriminate against employees or applicants because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Codeword works hard to foster a diverse team and an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
We aren’t a traditional agency, so we like to hire people who don’t necessarily fit the agency mold or check all the “right” boxes. If you’re on the fence about applying, please do!