Codeword is a communication design agency that helps brands create breakthrough comms, content, and community experiences.
We’re a fast-moving team of writers, editors, designers, strategists, videographers, PR mavens, and even a few traditional marketers.
Our incredible roster of big and small tech clients trust us to launch their startups, run multi-channel campaigns, grow their user bases, and lead comprehensive PR and marketing initiatives. We’re storytellers and brand engineers, and we love big ideas that serve a real purpose.
Codeword is a remote-first agency, though we have physical offices in NYC and SF that we won’t make you visit.
- 4+ years of experience
- A passionate storyteller and trendspotter
- Motivated, enthusiastic self-starter able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Which also means you’re both ambitious and flexible
- Well-connected with press, influencers and analysts across B2B and/or B2C tech
- Team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in where needed
- Creative enough to think big, humble and hard-working enough to execute well on a tactical level
About This Role
The Account Supervisor is responsible for being the day-to-day point of contact across a variety of clients (maximum of 6). You are excited about working with up-and-coming PR talent, teaching them the trade across your account teams as well as a direct reporting line.
You will own and run your accounts with minimal oversight from the S/VP level, and be responsible for crafting and implementing PR strategies that generate results for our clients.
This role does lightly participate in new business initiatives, such as pitch creation and participation, but the core focus is on client retention. A successful Account Supervisor will be able to build long-term and growing relationships with their clients.
As the day-to-day account lead, you’ll give confident counsel to clients on media strategy and media relations. You’ll also be familiar with other areas of the marketing mix, especially those Codeword has capabilities in, and how to integrate them into your client programs.
Previous experience in the tech (B2B or B2C) and startup worlds is critical, as well as a deep understanding of the shifting earned media landscape and how to measure the value of a PR win.
You’ll be excited about concepting creative campaigns and ideas that propel our clients forward, and drive high-impact press headlines.
You’ll thrive if you’re an energetic and nimble self-starter that’s comfortable with shifting timelines and priorities. The right candidate doesn’t shy away from giving or receiving feedback, shooting their shot with a crazy idea, or pushing back like a seasoned advisor.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Day-to-day client lead on a maximum of 6 accounts, including managing the account team, client relations, and program execution
- PR strategy and creative campaign building for your clients, alongside the Director of Strategy, Brandon Carter and a S/VP
- Support building industry-leading reports on PR program ROI with our Insights & Analytics team
- Scoring high-impact, top-tier media placements for your clients across all media verticals and mediums
- Bringing creative ideas to your clients outside of traditional PR, utilizing Codeword’s full service capabilities
- Support new business efforts through pitch creation and participation
- Nurture and motivate up-and-coming talent through mentorship and direct management
- Explain complex tech and industry-changing ideas to journalists in three sentences or less
- Managing your team’s monthly hours against our retainers to ensure maximum efficiency and results
- Participate in and conduct media training sessions and interviews
- Be responsible for reviewing and editing all written materials developed by your team, and assist them in fine-tuning their writing skills
People – that’s you! – are the heart of our business, and we believe a culture of pay transparency benefits both Codeword and our team members’ careers.
For this role we’re looking to pay $85K – 128K, depending on
- Flexible work hours
- Minimum 20 days paid vacation annually
- 401k + financial wellness support
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, life, pet, mental health services)
- Home office allowance
- Bi-annual Wellness Credits
- Monthly Technology Credit (to offset internet / phone costs)
- Comprehensive Parental Leave Policy
A few more things you should know about Codeword
- The Codeword dream: Make good money doing work you care about with people you like.
- We love our clients (they write the checks!), which means maintaining a high bar for the creativity, smarts, responsiveness, and communication skills we offer them.
- We’re around 100 people, big enough to handle large-scale marketing programs, small enough that you’ll have an impact on our culture.
- We’re a friendly team, we look after each other, and we grow our careers together.
- We respect everyone’s personal life. After-hours emails are strongly frowned upon, night and weekend work is very rare, and employees are encouraged to pursue their side-hustles.
- We’re all grownups here, and we trust each other to get the work done, whether at home or in an office or a time zone on the other side of the world.
- We believe in defaulting to openness. Our calendars, our salary tiers, and our doors are open for all to see. (Except for secret client stuff, which we guard with our lives.)
- We’re a proud member of the global WE Communications family.
- Equal Opportunity: Codeword provides equal employment opportunity and doesn’t discriminate against employees or applicants because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Codeword works hard to foster a diverse team and an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
We aren’t a traditional agency, so we like to hire people who don’t necessarily fit the agency mold or check all the “right” boxes. If you’re on the fence about applying, please do!